Harare boasts places of interest in its periphery and within its city borders. Here are a few inexpensive and affordable activities to do within Harare:
- The National Botanical Gardens – Over 700 species of indigenous plants are found in this garden where visitors can learn about local plants and herbs.
- The National Gallery of Zimbabwe – Available to visitors who desire to see various local art pieces, paintings and sculptures on display.
- The Shona Sculpture Gallery – A visual arts gallery located along Airport Road, Harare.
- Africa Unity Square – Located across the Parliament Building, this park is a great meeting point and place to rest, eat lunch and absorb the natural energy of the city centre.
- Mukuvisi Woodlands – Urban-based wildlife reserve offering horse-riding, walking tours and guided safaris
- The Domboshava Caves – Perfect for hiking, walks and picnics
- National Heroes Acre – Historical Monument in commemoration of the liberation struggle heroes and heroines
- Visit the local Shopping Malls – Joina City (Central), Long Cheng Plaza (West) Eastgate (East) and Village Walk (North)